Resources for promotion of commemoration events, reportage, activities, and fundraising
Here, you will find various resources for you to access, download and use for promoting WW1 commemoration reporting, publishing, as well as producing or supporting events and activities.
- FEATURED - Donation appeal videos from various VIPs including Leon Panetta, Carol Moseley Braun, General Barry McCaffrey and more
- General information about the Commission, the Foundation and the Centennial
- Gary Sinise narrated, downloadable videos about the WW1, supporting the National WW1 Memorial in Washington DC.
There are 30 second and 60 second PSA style versions as well as 3 minute and 7 minute informational/educational versions
- National Archive B-Roll video footage that is public domain cleared for your use
- National Archive photos of WW1 that are public domain and cleared for your use
- Direct links to fundraising tools like the Poppy Program
Click on any band below for access:
General Information and Reference
- 4,700,000 men and women from the United States served in uniform during World War One,
- 2 future presidents served, Harry S. Truman and Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- 2,000,000 individuals from the United States served overseas during World War One,
- 200,000 naval personnel served on the seas.
- 375,000 US casualties
- 116,516 US deaths.
The centennial of World War One offers an opportunity for people in the United States to learn about and commemorate the sacrifices of their predecessors, and to understand how the events of 100 years ago have affected our nation, its people, and the world ever since.
Educational and PSA Videos: 'They Deserve Their Own Memorial'
They Deserve Their Own Memorial - 30 Second Public Service Announcement
The World War One Centennial Commission proudly presents this 30 second video about the National WWI Memorial program in Washington DC. It is narrated by actor and veteran affairs activist Gary Sinise.
The video is suitable for veterans organization web sites, broadcast public service announcements, WWI Commemoration activities and promotion, kiosks, social media sharing and using the audio track, as radio public service announcements.
We invite you to download this for sharing with your community, local media stations and organizations.
NOTE: There are also 3 minute and 7 minute videos similarly themed videos available for education and other extended purposes. All videos can be downloaded in web site or broadcast resolutions. Access the entire collection HERE.
Logo: 'The War That Changed The World'
Instructions: Right click the image to download .png
Stock Video: Historical WWI Public Domain
This B-Roll video is for story backgrounds. All content is from the National Archives and in the public domain.
- President Wilson
- General Pershing
- Event headlines (We declare war, etc.)
- Troops training
- Troops boarding trains/ships
- Troops in trenches
- War scenes
- Camp life
- Armistice parade
Still Images: High-Resolution WW1 Public Domain