Description: Dedicated to: The Oldest Malitia Unit In Texas.Serving in all wars of the United States, from The Texas Revolution To World War II. The 141st fought in the Meuse Argonne Campaign in WWI. The Monument is located in the 36th Infantry Division Plaza and was erected in 1991 by the San Antonio Chapter of the 36th Division Association.at the intersection of E. Market Street and Losoya St./Alamo St. It is on the street just above San Antonio’s world famous River Walk. The monument is also about two blocks from the famous Schilo’s Delicatessen, a San Antonio landmark since 1917.
Robert Shay, PH3, USNR-R, 1964-70