sabin2.jpg
sabin12.jpg
wide-shot.jpg
armature-3.jpg
armature-1.jpg
armature-4.jpg
previous arrow
next arrow

With the help of Dispatch readers, Weishaar Memorial Day Op-Ed published widely!

Update mailing preferences - Donate - Forward to a friend
View this email in your browser

May 31, 2016

Weishaar Memorial Day Op-Ed published widely
With the help of Dispatch readers, a Memorial Day Op-Ed by National World War One Memorial Lead Designer Joe Weishaar was widely published over the holiday weekend. The Op-Ed appeared in Weishaar's hometown Arkansas Democrat-Gazette print and online editions, and other major newspapers such as the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The editorial was also published by the Veterans of Foreign Wars on its national web site, as well as VFW and American Legion post web sites across the nation. The Op-Ed was featured on the online Huffington Post Huffpost Good News section as well. Thanks to our subscribers for helping distribute this editorial widely. Let us know if you saw it published in another publication this weekend.

A race against time to return WWI Purple Hearts
Purple Hearts Reunited, a group that seeks to reunite lost Purple Hearts with service members or their descendants is embarking on an ambitious project: to return 100 such medals or certificates earned in World War I before the 100th anniversary next April of the United States' entry into the conflict. Read about this outstanding effort here.

Green American legacy of WW1 carnage at Verdun
The little blue flowers that have grown for a century now in France near the graves of the war dead at Douaumont can easily be mistaken for local forget-me-nots. In fact they are a foreign import, an American flower brought as seeds on the hooves of the US army horses used at Verdun during World War I. Read more about how American blue-eyed grass became part of a rich legacy left by the carnage of World War I in France's Forest of Verdun: a unique mix of flora and fauna.

The challenge of finding families of WW1 casualties opens eyes of Ohio students
Students at the Fort Hayes, Ohio Metropolitan Education Center have hand-crafted over 60 white ceramic poppies to be donated in remembrance of Franklin County service members who died in World War I . However, finding the families of those WW1 casualties has proved to be a formidable challenge. Read more about what the students are doing to find homes for these memorial poppies, and what they are learning in the process.

U.S. Army “Doughboy” Window Decal
DecalFeaturing the iconic Doughboy silhouette flanked by barbed wire so prevalent during WWI, you can proudly display this poignant reminder of the sacrifices made by U.S. soldiers.
Show everyone that you support the World War One Centennial, and help promote our efforts, by showcasing this custom window decal.

A Certificate of Authenticity as Official Merchandise of the United States World War One Centennial is included. Measures 3.5" x 6".

Matching Grant
Subscribe to Dispatch, Sync-call And More...
Joe Weishaar
Lead Designer, National World War One Memorial
at Pershing Park in Washington D.C.
Website
Website
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Email us
Email us
Use Amazon Smile when you shop, designate us the charity and we will get a donation from Amazon at no cost to you!
Founding Sponsor
Copyright © 2015 World War I Centennial Commission All rights reserved.
*|IFNOT:ARCHIVE_PAGE|**|END:IF|**|LIST:DESCRIPTION|**|END:IF|*

Our mailing address is:
701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW #123
Washington, DC 20004

www.WorldWar1Centennial.org

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

"Pershing" Donors

$5 Million +

Founding Sponsor
PritzkerMML Logo

Starr Foundation Logo

The Lilly Endowment