smartslider3[128]
smartslider3[132]

World War I Memorial Highway Dedicated

*|MC:SUBJECT|*
Update mailing preferences - Donate - Forward to a friend
View this email in your browser

December 7, 2015

World War I Memorial Highway Dedicated

Bend, Oregon - Highway 395 in Oregon has officially been renamed the “World War I Veterans Memorial Highway.” A dedication ceremony was held Nov. 9. Two signs, built by the Oregon Department of Transportation, are currently being installed; eight more signs will be installed along the highway, once the Bend Heroes Foundation receives the $900 in donations needed for each sign. Donations are tax deductible. For more information, visit the Bend Heroes Foundation website.

No More Blank States!

Washington, DC - As we near the end of the year every US State has some level of engagement with the Commission. Volunteer Virginia Dilkes has helped us establish contacts with the WWI Committee already in operation in Maine. Virginia also connected with Director of Veterans Affairs for the state of Iowa, who will lead WWI Commemorative activities for the state. A reminder that there is a complete toolkit available to state organizations.

National World War I Memorial At Pershing Park

Washington, DC - The five design concept finalists gather in Washington this week to submit their polished designs. These will go on public display both on the website and at the DC Council Building at 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue. The Commission will vote on a final design on January 25th. Please remember we can’t build a memorial without donations. Every dollar you donate will be matched by our founding sponsor, the Pritzker Military Museum and Library. The World War I veterans deserve their own memorial; we can build it.

'Tis The Season - Hot Chocolate anyone?
Commemoration Mug

Great for you, great as a gift.. Enjoy this 15-ounce ceramic mug and honor the centennial of World War I.
Purchase this Commemoration mug or other great items in the Official WWI Commemoration Shop.

Website
Website
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Email us
Email us
Use Amazon Smile when you shop, designate us the charity and we will get a donation from Amazon at no cost to you!
Founding Sponsor
Copyright © 2015 World War I Centennial Commission All rights reserved.
*|IFNOT:ARCHIVE_PAGE|**|END:IF|**|LIST:DESCRIPTION|**|END:IF|*

Our contact address is:
Subscription@WorldWar1Centennial.org

www.WorldWar1Centennial.org

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

"Pershing" Donors

$5 Million +

Founding Sponsor
PritzkerMML Logo

Starr Foundation Logo

The Lilly Endowment