WW1 Centennial News for December 7, 2018 - Episode #100
The player below allows you to share and download the show from here as well. See buttons on the top right. Contact us if you have any questions.
Highlights: The Aftermath Part I
Host: Theo Mayer
Part I of a special 2-part series examining the immediate aftermath of the Armistice signing.
- Preview of coming attractions - Host | @00:25
- The immediate aftermath - Mike Shuster | @04:15
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission - Dr. Glyn Prysor and Peter Francis | @07:50
- War, wounds, pain and fear - Professor Joanna Burke | @18:00
- Coming Home - Jonathan Casey | @26:40
- Hello Girls the Musical - Cara Reichel and Peter Mills | @33:00
- Peter Jackson’s “They Shall Not Grow Old” - Brent Burge | @42:10
Interactive transcript with "Search & Play".
With the WW1 Centennial News Interactive Transcript, 1. click on any word in the transcript and the audio will begin to play from that word. 2. Use Control+F, or Command+F on a Mac and put in any search term to highlight in the transcript for quick "Search & Play". 3. Copy sections of the transcript for articles.
Note: The transcript publishes 24-48 hours after the episode. If the space below is blank - check tomorrow.
View the PDF transcript
PODCAST NOTES: Guest links and our research
Great War Project
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
Trauma and Pain
Coming Home: Americans Return
Hello Girls: The Musical
They Shall Not Grow Old
The U.S. World War One Centennial Commission
The Pritzker Military Museum & Library
The Starr Foundation
Producer & Host: Theo Mayer
Line Producer: Katherine Akey
Research: JL Michaud
WW1 Centennial News Video Podcast on iTunes
Weekly Dispatch Newsletter