WW1 Centennial News for December 14, 2018 - Episode #101
The player below allows you to share and download the show from here as well. See buttons on the top right. Contact us if you have any questions.
Highlights: The Aftermath Part II
Host: Theo Mayer
Part II of a special 2-part series examining the immediate aftermath of the Armistice signing.
- Preview of coming attractions - Host | @00:35
- Gold Star Mothers - Candy Martin | @02:45
- American Battle Monuments Commission - Mike Knapp | @10:35
- Three Key impacts of WWI - Sir Hew Strachan | @18:00
- The Cost of a Seat at the Table - Mike Shuster | @24:55
- The effect of WWI on the United States - Professor Michael Carew | @28:55
Interactive transcript with "Search & Play".
With the WW1 Centennial News Interactive Transcript, 1. click on any word in the transcript and the audio will begin to play from that word. 2. Use Control+F, or Command+F on a Mac and put in any search term to highlight in the transcript for quick "Search & Play". 3. Copy sections of the transcript for articles.
Note: The transcript publishes 24-48 hours after the episode. If the space below is blank - check tomorrow.
PODCAST NOTES: Guest links and our research
Gold Star Mothers
American Battle Monuments Commission
Discussion with Sir Hew Strachan
Great War Project
The Impact of the First World War on US Policymakers
The U.S. World War One Centennial Commission
The Pritzker Military Museum & Library
The Starr Foundation
Producer & Host: Theo Mayer
Line Producer: Katherine Akey
Research: JL Michaud
WW1 Centennial News Video Podcast on iTunes
Weekly Dispatch Newsletter