fbpx

World War Memorial Building

   
World War Memorial Buildingloupe
510 4th Ave NE
Devils Lake
ND
USA
58301
John Marshall

Ramsey County approved $100,000 in funds for this building in 1934 and ultimately some Public Works Adminsitration funds were also used. John Marshall of Devils Lake (originally from Scotland) designed the building to serve as a community recreation center and armory. The design pulled from the popular Art Deco and Art Moderne styles of the time and includes three relief panels depicting agricultural products over the entrance