This memorial building was started in 1932 and dedicated in 1934 despite only being partially built. It was completed in 1937 with the help of Works Progress Administration funds and originally had the largest indoor swimming pool in the state in the basement. The pool was removed in the 1960s. It also had an auditorium that could seat 3000 people but now houses city government. This building is currently threatened with demolition to make way for new offices.