The Minnesota National Guard Armory, 205 North Broadway, New Ulm, Minnesota was dedicated in May, 1916. Burg’s Battery, New Ulm’s private army dating from 1863, welcomed Governor J. A. A. Burnquist to the ceremony with a 21-gun salute. This Armory has served Minnesota and the United States for 99 years. Today it is occupied by the Minnesota Army National Guard Headquarters Battery Battalion Headquarters.
By George L. Glotzbach