Manufactured of granite and bronze, this monument is composed of five sections which fit together, the nine fool tall center section being the tallest. On the ends are sculpted helmets, canteens, a gas mask, ammunition belts, a saddlebag and a bayonet. It also had medallions of the U.S., the Spanish-American War Veterans, and the Grand Army of the Republic. Atop the center section was a sculpted element, but it was stolen during the 1960s. The monument was dedicated on May 30, 1923, as a tribute to the Minnesota veterans of the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, and WWI.