This is a life size bronze statue of a WWI infantryman whose right hand clasps the strap of a rifle which hangs at his side. His left hand rests at the top of a saber which hangs from his artillery belt. He wears a brimmed hat, leggings, and rolled-up shirtsleeves. On the granite exedra base is a relief of a wreath flanked by images of flames and eagles' heads. It was sculpted by David Cunningham Lithgow and dedicated tin November 29, 1925, as a tribute to the 10 veterans of WWI. A "Big Bertha" cannon had sat in front of the sculpture, but it was used for salvage during WWII.