fbpx

“The World War” Community Monument, New Douglas, IL

   
“The World War” Community Monument, New Douglas, ILloupe
205 N. 7th St.
New Douglas
IL
USA
62074

Erected by: The Tobias Bilyeu American Legion Post 710

Inscription:  

DEDICATED TO THE BOYS FROM THIS COMMUNITY
       WHO ANSWERED THEIR COUNTRY’S CALL
             IN THE WORLD WAR     1917 ♢ 1918

 There are two similar pictures of the monument here and when comparing both it appears that the older picture shows the monument at a different location in town. The school building behind it in the new photograph was built in 1905 and does not appear in the older photo. The dedication plaque which is placed on the ground in front of the monument in the old photo was not there when the new, color, photo was taken in August of 2018.

 

 

Inscription:
DEDICATED TO THE BOYS FROM THIS COMMUNITY
WHO ANSWERED THEIR COUNTRY’S CALL
IN THE WORLD WAR 1917 ♢ 1918

There are two similar pictures of the monument here and when comparing both
it appears that the older picture shows the monument at a different location in
town. The school building behind it in the new photograph was built in 1905
and does not appear in the older photo. The dedication plaque which is placed
on the ground in front of the monument in the old photo was not there when the
new, color, photo was taken in August of 2018.

 
Robert Shay, PH3, USNR-R, 1964-70