fbpx

Church of the Messiah, Capt. Harry Ingersoll Bell Tower

   
Church of the Messiah, Capt. Harry Ingersoll Bell Towerloupe
1001 Dekalb Pike
Gwynedd
PA
USA
19002
1926

Tower given by Mr. & Mrs. Charles Ingersoll as a memorial to their son Captain Harry Ingersoll and the forty-one officers and men of Company H, 313th Infantry Regiment, 79th Division who lost their lives during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, 1918.  The tower is modeled after the church tower at Brabant-en-Argonne where Captain Ingersoll was initially buried before his remains were moved to the American Cemetery at Romagne.  Captain Ingersoll was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for extraordinary heroism in action near Montfaucon, France, September 26, 1918.

 
Stone (any)
1925
1926
Mr. & Mrs. Charles Ingersoll
Church bell tower
Captain Harry Ingersoll