Located in the Bisbee cemetery is a World War 2 Memorial Monument that is guarded by a World War 1 era United States Army 3” Field Artillery Piece Model 1902, mounted on a No. 78, 3” Gun Carriage Model 1902, from the Rock Island Arsenal, 1905. All of these artillery pieces were used to train American gunners, but few were shipped to the front in Europe and none were used in combat.
Addition information from the face of the gun barrel :
AM&BR MFG. CO. BRIDGEPORT CONN 1904. 836 POUNDS NO. 65 W.S.P.
Also stamped into the barrel, above the breech: MIDVALE STEEL
This WW2 Memorial Monument was erected by: L.A. Engle American Legion Post No. 16
Army CPL. Leonard A. Engle, Jr.for who this Post was named, served with Company F, 355 Infantry Regiment, 89th Division and Died of Wounds received in the Argonne Campaign. His body was repatriated to the U.S. and buried at Arlington National Cemetery, December 30, 1920.