The Harvard World War Memorial was erected in 1921 at a total cost of $1,488. Town records originally identified the Monument as the Soldiers’ Memorial to the Veterans of World War. The monument is composed of 50' flagpole anchored with a high-density reinforced concrete base, mid-section, and flagpole collar, with two bronze plaques affixed to the mid-section. The plaque on the south side honors all those of Harvard who loyally served and in memory of Private Thomas, killed in action. The plaque on the north side identifies 64 Harvard residents at the time of the war who served honorably. The monument has served as a gathering site for Memorial Day parade speeches and as a backdrop for Christmas tree lighting and other gatherings for many years.