This WWI plaque is mounted on a mortared stone "boulder" on the grounds of the Somerset County Courthouse. The bronze plaque contains the American Legion logo flanked by L-shaped garlands with flower corner blocks.
The plaque reads, "To the citizens of Somerville in appreciation of their hospitality in 1917 to the Fourth New Jersey Infantry. We also speak for those who sleep in France."
It was presented by the Fourth Infantry Post of the American Legion on Decoration Day 1920.
Photos courtesy of:
"Boulder" - Bill Coughlin & Historical Marker Database
Plaque - RC & Historical Marker Database