This monument consists of a bronze bas-relief plaque mounted on a granite stele. At the top of the large plaque is a trio of figures. A full-length figure of Liberty, wearing a gown with her arms outspread, holding a garland of laurel in each hand. On her right is a WWI soldier standing in front of a cannon & holding a rifle. On his right is a tank. On Liberty's left is a WWI sailor holding a pair of binoculars.
The monument was dedicated on September 1, 1919 at its former location at Lincoln School, to all Lyndhurst residents who served in WWI.
Narrative adapted from Smithsonian Institution Research Information System (SIRIS) inventory #NJ000498.
Photos courtesy of: NJ State Historic Preservation Office