Camp Sheridan site, 3 Johnson Ave. Montgomery AL USA 36110
"Camp Sheridan was the site for the August 1917 organization of the Buckeye Division, made up of Ohio National Guardsmen who previously had been serving on the Mexican Border. After training, the 37th went to France in June 1918, fighting in the Lorraine, Ypres-Lys, and Meuse-Argonne Campaigns. It took 5,387 casualties and won a Medal of Honor before returning to the U.S. in March 1919 to be demobilized. 2nd Lieutenant Albert E. Baesel, 148th Infantry, was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor posthumously for conspicuous gallantry in action at Ivoiry, France, September 27, 1918." -Alabama Historical Association marker, 1992.