Originally located in Josiah Crane Park, where it was dedicated in May 1920, the monument was relocated to Memorial Park in 1958. The Cranford monument consists of two vertical, smooth-faced granite slabs set on horizontal granite slab bases - one commemorating WWI, the other, WWII. Both slabs contain a large bronze plaque listing all of those individuals from Cranford and vicinity who served in the wars. The WWI plaque is surmounted by a bronze, double-headed eagle with outstretched wings, perched on rocks.
Photos courtesy of: NJ State Historic Preservation Office