Originally located at the Douglas-Leavenworth county line, the victory eagle is now located on the University of Kansas campus. This bronze sculpture, cast in 1920, was a part of the Victory Highway project, which intended to place these sculpture at each county line of U.S 40. A plaque at each sculpture would list those from the county who had served during WW1. The Great Depression disrupted these plans, and only six victory eagles were ever installed. After being vandalized and toppled in the early 80s, the sculpture was moved from the county line to the university campus. The original plaque has been lost to history, as has the name of the artist and foundry.