The Harvard World War Memorial was erected in 1921 at a total cost of $1,488. Town records originally identified the Monument as the Soldiers’ Memorial to the Veterans of World War. The monument is composed of 50' flagpole anchored with a high-density reinforced concrete base, mid-section, and flagpole collar, with two bronze plaques affixed to the mid-section. The plaque on the south side honors all those of Harvard who loyally served and in memory of Private Thomas, killed in action. The plaque on the north side identifies 64 Harvard residents at the time of the war who served honorably. The monument has served as a gathering site for Memorial Day parade speeches and as a backdrop for Christmas tree lighting and other gatherings for many years.
The Winnetka Village Green, bound by Elm, Oak, Cedar, and Maple Streets, is the site of the Winnetka War Memorial, or Cenotaph. In 1926 the Winnetka Memorial Trustees, a group of Winnetka citizens, commissioned Winnetka architect Samuel Otis to design a war memorial to remember the 10 young men lost in "The Great War". The Village Council approved the request on January 18, 1927, and the Cenotaph was completed in 1928.
In 1919, two young Glen Carbon residents, Emil Trentaz and Harry J. Seaton, were killed in battle in France. After their deaths a group of Glen Carbon residents decided to recognize the two soldiers with a statue in their honor. This group held carnivals and dances to raise funds as well as soliciting individual and business donations to help pay for the commissioned artwork. In November 1920, the Doughboy Statue was erected in Glen Carbon Cemetery to stand over the soldiers' graves.
Dedicated in 1928 at the Logan County Courthouse in Logan, WV. The Courthouse was replaced and the monument moved to Midelburg (Hatfield) Island in 1964.