There are abundant opportunities for local and regional Indiana World War I celebrations, projects and programs to reflect and recognize the 135,000 Hoosiers who served in The Great War and the 3,000 who sacrificed their lives.
To promote and support these community projects and programs, the Indiana World War I Centennial Committee is accepting applications for endorsement — upon approval those projects will become official Indiana World War I Legacy Projects.
- Benefits of Endorsement
- Endorsement Criteria
- Exclusion Clause
- Submit An Application
- Endorsed Community WWI Projects
The Indiana World War I Centennial Committee endorsed projects and programs will receive:
- • Listing on the Indiana WWI Centennial Committee website, www.ww1cc.org/Indiana
• Listing on the World War One Centennial Commission events calendar, www.ww1cc.org/commemorate/event-map-system.html
• Permission to use the official Indiana WWI Centennial logo, in accordance with the established logo guidelines, on Indiana WWI Centennial related promotional materials
• Letter of endorsement from the Indiana WWI Centennial Committee
To be considered for endorsement by the Indiana WWI Centennial Committee, the applicant must demonstrate to the Committee’s satisfaction that the proposed project meets the following required criteria and at least one of the recommended goals or characteristics outlined below. Priority will be given to projects that meet multiple goals. The Committee reserves the right to refuse endorsement of a project or program.
All requests for endorsement must be submitted using the enclosed form, Application for Endorsement of an Indiana WWI Centennial Project.
Projects or programs MUST be:
- Open and accessible to the public
- Relevant to Indiana and the state’s WWI Centennial
- Self-funded (without WWI Committee support)
Projects or programs must also meet at least one of the following recommended goals or characteristics:
- Culturally inclusive
- Creating a legacy for the future
- Engaging and inspiring to youth and young adults
All requests for endorsement must be submitted to [email protected].
Please note that the Indiana WWI Centennial Committee will not consider endorsing the following:
- For-profit ventures (The Indiana WWI Centennial Committee may consider entering into a licensing, program or partnership or sponsorship agreement for use of the Indiana Centennial WWI logo. Please contact the Indiana WWI Centennial Committee for more information.)
- Political individuals or organizations
All requests for endorsement must be submitted using the State Form, Application for Endorsement of an Indiana WWI Centennial Project
* Please note: If you are using Google Chrome as your browser and you have the PDF viewing plugin enabled, please right click on the application link and select "Save link as" and then save the form to your computer. You can also complete the MS Word version of the form if having trouble with the PDF.
- Download the Application for Endorsement of an Indiana WWI Centennial Project
- PDF version: 56290 fill-in.pdf
- Microsoft Word version: 56290.docx
- Fill out and complete the form
- Email the form to [email protected]
Once the Indiana WWI Committee has received your application, it will be reviewed at the next Indiana WWI Centennial Committee meeting.