Description: Brick monument inlaid with inscribed plaques, for WW1, WW2, Korean War, Vietnam War, Afghanistan and Iraq. The WW1 portion contains the names of 4 Dade County residents who died in that war.
Inscription: For God and Country - In memory of veterans from Dade County who offered their lives that liberty, justice, freedom, and democracy might survive. Erected by American Legion and Auxiliary Post 106.
A granite marker on the site is inscribed: Dade County Veterans Memorial Park - Dedicated April 26, 2002 - For Those Who Serve.
Park with large memorial wall inscribed with names from the Civil War to recent confilcts. The WW1 section contains forty-four names. Inscriptions on adjacent plaque: “If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. – President John F. Kennedy” “Welcome To All Veterans Who Have Protected Our Nation Through Military Service in Time of War. Dedicated November 11, 2005”
Black granite monument - Dedicated May 29, 1989 - Veterans of Vietnam War Post 5 - Bainbridge - Georgia. Inscription: “An Eternal Testament to Those Who Served from Decatur County - These Brave Men Made The Supreme Sacrifice With Valor And Devotion.”
There are twenty five names in the WW1 section of the monument.
The bridge was Federal Aid Project 201; begun in 1922 by the State Highway Department with W.R. Neel as State Engineer; Prayton, Howton, and Wood Contracting Company; and the Pensacola Shipbuilding Company as builders. These contractors gave up after experiencing difficulty establishing permanent foundations. The bridge was completed by the Hardaway Contracting Company and the Atlantic Bridge Company in 1926. It was torn down ca. 1976-1977, and a new bridge was constructed in its place.
DeKalb County Honor Roll. Memorial bronze plaques located in the main lobby area of the Old DeKalb County Courthouse. A total of twenty-three names are contained, including six under the heading of “Colored”.
Inscription: “Erected November 11, 1928 By Young Matrons’ Chapter Service Star Legion.”
A second bronze plaque is inscribed: “Dedicated to those of DeKalb County, GA: Who offered their lives in humanity’s defense in the war of the nations and in memory of those who gave their last full measure of devotion. Erected November 11, 1927 By Young Matrons’ Chapter Service Star Legion.”
Granite monument listing war dead from Eastman County for the major conflicts. Inscription: “Dedicated to All Those Who Served and In Memory of Those Who Paid the Supreme Sacrifice So We Might Live Free of Oppression and Tyranny.”
Thirty-nine names are listed for WW1.
“Dedicated Oct. 14, 1984, as a joint project of the Eastman Kiwanis Club and the American Legion Post #126.”
Located at the front entrance of the Dooly County Courthouse, this Granite memorial contains four bronze plaques, one each for WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Inscription: “Dedicated to the Honor and Sacrifice of our Men and Women who Served our Country in War and Peace.”
Memorial Bridge. Built in 1920 and rebuilt in 2015. Plaques at each end of the bridge.
1920 plaques. “As the enduring expression of a community's pride and gratitude, this bridge was erected A.D. 1920, as a memorial to those who went from Dougherty County to serve their country in the World War. 1917 - 1919.”
“We hold in grateful remembrance those who stepped from the pursuits of peace in response to the call of their country and of civilization and in the World War 1917-1919 offering themselves for the maintenance of American rights for the preservation of American ideals and for the realization of humanity’s hopes.”
2015 Plaque. Flint River Bridge. Rededicated in 2015. See photo for inscription.
Description: Red brick wall with mounted military service and dedication plaques.
Inscription: “This veterans wall is dedicated to the men and to the women who honorably served to uphold the Constitution of the United States. Dedicated Veterans Day November 2012 by ECVG Lloyd Corbett, Chris McMasters, James Barrett, Sr.”
Brick pavers for veterans are placed at the wall.
Description: Monument on courthouse grounds
Inscription: - Front: “In grateful memory of those from Effingham County who made the supreme sacrifice in the service of our country that freedom might live and grow and increase its blessings.” Back: “Spanish American War - World War I - World War II - Korean War - Vietnam War. At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them. U.S.A. Bicentennial 1976. Duty - Honor - Country - Well Done - Be Thou At Peace.”