fbpx
Riveters Mule Rearing gas masks African American Soldiers 1 doughboys with mules African American Officers pilots in dress uniforms The pilots

Michigan in WW1 Places

Map Navigation Instructions:

  • Please use the + and - buttons in the map to zoom into your area of interest
  • Click on icons to see more about each location
  • Scroll down to explore the locations as a list

 

 

Get directions
      Show the options
From :
 or 
To :
 or 

 

World War Memorial at Ludungton Parkloupe
Escanaba
MI
USA
49829
"In memory of our American soldiers" 
 
World War Memorial Ludington City Parkloupe
Ludington
MI
USA
49431
May 30, 1926
Monument at flag pole: "1917, 1918, Erected by the grateful people of Mason County in memory of these our heroes, who gave their lives for our country and in honor of our soldiers and sailors in the World War. John Benjamin Adam, Frank R. Allen, John Albert Anderson, Frederic Chris Bertelsen, John R. Borski, Russell Clayton Boxell, Louis Brozzo, Eric Carlson, Gordon Chadwick, Carl Christensen, Alvin R. Drabenstott, Dezerie A. Duplessis, Edwin Harold Ewing, Anton Brye, Edwin Glynn, August Gorski, Joseph Hall, John Hanson, Floyd James Herrington, R.D. Keith, Cosmer Leveaux, Walter Loxen, Frank Lukaszewicz, Joseph P. Maluski, Isadore Meyette, Marion Michael, Otto Miney, Francis Joseph Odean, Hans Christian Peterson, Michael Przybysz, Walter Rives, Albert Sheppard, Samuel Shinnock, Samuel Henry Shunk, Wilbur Nelson Sims, Louis Stump, Harold L. Sweet, William R. Vogel, Emil B. Von Sprecken, Lester Vorac, Charles Winner, August T. Ziolkowski, Joseph Zopel , Unveiled May 30, 1926"
 
World War Memorial Ludington,MIloupe
Ludington
MI
USA
49431
These elms were planted by
the Auxiliary of
Edwin H. Ewing Post No. 76
American Legion
in honor of the men
of Mason County who served
in the World War of 1914-1918
 
WW I Memorial - Veterans Memorial Plaza loupe
Saginaw
MI
USA
48601

WW I Memorial - Veterans Memorial Plaza

 This monument is in the Veterans Memorial Park in Saginaw, Michigan.

The plaque reads:
"This monument erected and the road of memory established as loving memorials to the brave men from Saginaw County who gave their last full measure of devotion in the World War that government of the people by the people for the people shall not perish from the earth

By Saginaw chapter Daughters of the American Revolution Patriotic Citizens and Societys of Saginaw County

AD 1926

The side plaques list the names of all who died.

 

 
WW1 Memorial Dearborn, Michiganloupe
Dearborn
MI
USA
48126

WW1 Memorial Dearborn, Michigan

The monument is located in Veterans Park at the city of Dearborn's municipal complex. The monument was erected in 1991 as a lasting tribute to the city's war dead.

In addition to this World War I monument, the park include walls dedicated to World War II, Korea and Vietnam.

 
WWI Memorial - Fairview Cemeteryloupe
Brighton
MI
USA
48116

WWI Memorial - Fairview Cemetery

"W.W.I. Barracks 3534 Veterans Memorial
erected by 
American Legion
and Auxillary Batallion
Post 235
1988"

 
WWI Memorial - Pottervilleloupe
Potterville
MI
USA
48876

WWI Memorial - Potterville

The park contains memorials to several different wars. There are benches to sit on, and plenty of parking in the street.

This memorial is a large boulder with a plaque.

The plaque reads:
"In honor of the students of Potterville School who served in the World War 1914-1918" and there is a list of names readable in the gallery photo.

 
WWI Memorial Veterans Memorialloupe
Plymouth
MI
USA
48170

WWI Memorial Veterans Memorial  Plymouth,Mi

The plaque reads:
World War Veterans
This Tablet erected by
The ex-servicman's club of Plymouth
In memory of their comerads whose names
are hereon inscribed and who made the
supreme sacrifice 
- 1914 - In the Wrold War - 1918 -
Myron H. Beals
Walter E. Gordon
Charles Burch
Verson E. Henderson
Charles Chappell
David Oliver
Scott D. Cortrite
Harry J. Ratterbury
J. Edward Tighe

 
Display the map      
Yankee Air Museumloupe
47884 D St, Belleville
Belleville
MI
USA
48111

The Yankee Air Museum

The Yankee Air Museum’s exhibitions cover global conflicts from World War One to the present through displays that offer visitors an opportunity to experience those conflicts through the men and woman who lived it. Many items in the collection – including but not limited to uniforms, weaponry, aircraft, medals, letters, artwork, photographs, and other mementos – are currently on exhibit in the Museum. The majority of the collection are kept safely in storage for research and future exhibitions, or are being restored to their original condition. The Museum also has a large collection of oral histories conducted with veterans of all branches and the civilians who helped at the home front

.

The Story of the Yankee Air Museum
The Yankee Air Museum has been a great influence in the world of aviation throughout Southeast Michigan for decades. Founded in 1981, the Museum quickly grew when it acquired its flyable aircraft, B-17 Flying Fortress, B-25 Mitchell Bomber, and C-47 Skytrain, offering the public the chance to fly in some of America’s most iconic aircraft. The Museum was originally located on the very North-East side of the Willow Run Airport until it suffered a devastating fire in 2004. While most everything was destroyed, a few aircraft such as the B-17, C-47, B-25, and B-52, among others were moved to safety.

YAM7The Museum re-opened to the public in 2010 in a new location just yards away from the original. The Museum has 47,000 sq. ft. that houses its collection of permanent and rotating aviation and historic displays as well as over 5,000 artifacts. In 2010, a school house that was used during World War Two was donated and relocated next to the Museum and has become the Museum’s research library.

In 2011, negotiations began between RACER Trust, Michigan Aerospace Foundation, and Yankee Air Museum for acquiring part of the old Willow Run Bomber Plant that produced B-24 Bombers during World War Two for the Ford Motor Company. After nearly two years of negotiations, the Foundation’s offer was accepted to save a portion of the Bomber Plant. The Save the Bomber Plant campaign raised $8 million to acquire, enclose, and power the 144,000 square feet of the facility. This would create a new, permanent home for the Museum, its exhibits, educational programs as well as its flyable and static aircraft. Along with a new home, the Yankee Air Museum will gain a new name, The National Museum of Aviation and Technology at Historic Willow Run, when it opens to the public.

That was only the beginning. A new campaign has been launched to raise the funds to build the Museum and its exhibits within the Bomber Plant. The stories of “How Detroit Saved the World” and “Rosie the Riveter” will be told on the site where they happened some 70 years ago. The Yankee Air Museum’s growing aircraft collection and the research library, the David and Andrea Robertson Education Center, will also be moved inside.

The additional space will allow the Museum to integrate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) into its exhibits and programs to inspire young people to pursue education and career opportunities in those fields. The building will also hold the Museum’s growing collection of artifacts and documents in a state-of-the-art facility.

The Yankee Air Museum is rapidly growing and constantly producing new exhibits, educational activities, and exciting experiences for the public. Plan your visit today!

 
Display the map      
Ypsilanti WW1 Memorialloupe
100 Cross st
Ypsilanti
MI
USA
48198

Ypsilanti WW1 Memorial

West Plaque:
In honor of our brave men who served in the World War and our devoted men and women who in hospital and in hut heartened and sustained our fighting forces and in memeory of those who served in the cause of humanity sealed their devotion with their lives

A roster of the names of these men and these women is preserved in the archives of the city hall

Erected by the Ypsilanti Patriotic Service League 1919

East Plaque:

In honor of our brave men of the 107th field signal batallion U.S.A. which brigaded with the 32nd division rendered distinguished service Chateau Theirry Soissons Fismes Juvigny and in the Argonne


and in memeory of those who served in the cause of humanity gave the full measure of devotion 

A roster of the names of these men and is preserved in the archives of the city hall

Erected by the Ypsilanti Patriotic Service League 1919

 

"Pershing" Donors

$5 Million +


Founding Sponsor
PritzkerMML Logo


Starr Foundation Logo


The Lilly Endowment